How to Sharpen a Pocket Knife Razor Sharp?
Sharpening the knives hasn’t been an exciting experience ever. No doubt, there are bundles of guides available in the market regarding razor-sharp knives but here you need the right one, that genuinely gives you comfort.
Most essentially a premium stone and quality lubricant oil are needed which plays a very important role in getting your folding knife sharp enough. So, for gaining something more, you need to go through the small chunk of this article and surely it will help to divulge a few secrets to the mystery of making a knife razor-sharp.
So, without making a while, let me move to our work.
Assess the Damage
Before sharpening your knife, the first thing you should know is actually what kind of damage has occurred to the edge.
Whenever you use the knife for cutting fruits, wires, boxes, and a lot many things that you want to break then obviously at that instant you may find your knife getting damaged.
On both sides, small breaks in the form of lines and some rusty layers you would see, due to which every cut requires a big force to do your work.
So that’s why to get rid of this kind of damage, you need to maintain your cutting tool by using a sharpening methodology, with any kind of stone which you prefer the best.
Techniques to Make Your Knife Razor-Sharp
To perform your cutting work most effectively, you will sharpen your blunt knife by following this technique (easiest and simple) only in a few minutes.
- Firstly you would clean your pocket knife by using soap or any detergent with water to wipe the dirt or any type of residue material, to run the sharpening process smoothly.
- Now choose the best sharpening stone as per your budget and need. Basically, numerous stones are available in the market as natural stones and synthetic stones. All of these are different in their quality-wise and specifically in price range.
- After making your right selection, now is a good time to lubricate your loving stone as it limits the amount of heat and friction, and also protects your knife from getting damaged.
- Now one of the crucial steps is to find the bevel angle of your hand tool. Whenever you are going for the sharpening process, one thing that you must remember in your mind is the angle of your knife at which you will perform stroking well.
- Generally, most knives have almost a similar curved angle of about 15-20 degrees, as also recommended by Victorinox, maker of Swiss Army Knives!
- Always try to remain consistent with your angle. Maintaining the specific angle during the sharpening is no doubt a difficult task. But most probably you may hear that practice makes you perfect. So repeat this a few times and surely you will reach yours considering the destination.
- After fixing the accurate angle of your knife, begin to stroke the blade against the stone with deep consistency at both sides and about 15 strokes are enough to get work done.
- Now repeat the same process across the other side. One thing that should be noted is that the bevel angle and numbers of strokes remain the same as for the first side.
- Sharpening is finished and now it is time to check out the blade’s sharpness. Hold the piece of paper and cut it with the knife, if there is no stuck point then it means your knife is properly ready. And if it happens, then focus on that area and repeat the above process again.
Carrying a blunt knife is always similar to having a gun without bullets. So for doing your kitchen work effectively, you need to have a razor-sharp knife that ensures your journey is safe.
And finally, I have covered one of the easiest and simplest guides for you to get your pocket knife razor-sharp just within no time. So practice this guide and feel joyful.