The knife is one of the oldest tools used by men for survival. Just look back at the stone age and consider yourself there, what will be your highest priority weapon? Of course, the sharp knife with a strong grip. The journey of a knife starts from ancient caves and now we have its modern shape known as the machete. The sharp, deadly and sophisticated tool has its own charm for machete lovers. Is there any better gift than the best cheap machete for machete lovers? The versatile weapon is available in different types for various usages.
The best machete is very useful in many situations. For instance, if you keep a machete in a car or bag, it can be used in worst conditions like self-defense against the humans and animals, for cutting meat and vegetables, splitting wood for a campfire or creating a shelter or placing camp. Yes, the best machete is enough for all the above-mentioned tasks. So, if you are here for the best cheap machete, we are going to share some of the very best with proper description, features, pros, and cons.
Best Cheap Machete List
|Gerber Gator Machete JR||Check On Amazon|
|Cold Steel Kopis Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Whetstone Cutlery Full Tang Rubber Grip Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Tramontina Machete Wood||Check On Amazon|
|Jungle Master JM-021 Full Tang Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Z Hunter ZB-020 Series Fantasy Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Whetstone Cutlery ‘Double Duece’ Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Corona MA 60041 Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Mossy OAK 18-Inch Kukri Machete||Check On Amazon|
|Tramontina Wood Machete TT 414||Check On Amazon|
The top class machete has been created for wilderness and backyard use. It’s a dual-purpose machete with an attractive lightweight for beating the underbrush back. The best thing about this cheap machete is the special GGG (Gerber Gator Grip) designed for a solid and comfortable grip that boosts your confidence in any situation. The rubber texture is ideal for both dry and wet conditions that offer stable and easy feel in hand.
It’s just like a real sword made with 1055 carbon steel. The overall length of Cold Steel Copis machete is 26 inches. If you love ancient tools, this machete is made for you. You can also use it for cutting, chopping and a reliable survival tool with the best grip in worst situations.
It is an ideal tool to split wood, clear brush and various other outdoor activities. You can use this full tang rubber grip machete as a weapon in survival situations.
This machete is extremely popular in Brazil and all around the world. It has a high carbon steel blade that is perfect for chopping. In South American hinterlands, the rural workers use Tramontina machetes.
Though the machete is an excellent choice in a limited budget but the handle needs some improvement. Replacing the cord wrap handle with wood or plastic can improve the grip and durability.
The knife is 3.5 mm thick with a stainless steel blade along with a saw back. It also has a cord-wrapped handle and the lanyard holes for a strong grip in worst survival situations. Nylon sheath plays a vital role to keep the machete sharp and safe. The overall length of Z Hunter ZB-020 Series Fantasy Machete is 23.75 inches with 8oz weight.
The black coated rust resistant blade is sharp enough to perform at the backyard and jungle comfortably. The rubber handle offers an exceptionally strong grip so that the machete doesn’t slip from the sweaty hands or in wet conditions.
The overall length of this best cheap machete is 28 inches with 1 pound weight. Corona has been producing the best performance tools for gardeners, construction professionals, and agriculturists for decades and therefore has an excellent reputation. The machete is highly recommended for clearing annoying bushes. With a comfortable grip and lightweight, it is easy for word for long sessions. But this tool rusts easily when it gets wet, so you must dry it properly after using it. You have to re-sharpen it after some time like about two weeks for the best possible performance.
Another feature of this best cheap machete is the nylon sheath with the snap fastener for safety and easy access. The overall all length the machete is 18 inches with 1.9 pounds. The Razor-sharp blade can last for a long time with ideal corrosion resistance.
You can sharpen it comfortably to a near-razor edge to enjoy the sharp blade results. You can even cut the branches of a tree with TT-414. This serious work tool features a long blade that adds weight to it. In the worst survival situations, this best cheap machete will never disappoint you.
Machetes are manufactured in many shapes around the world usually based on their origin. The most popular types of machete with their blade shape are the following;
The Kukris are popular for the curved blade angle that gives them extra chopping strength as compared to other machetes such as the SOGfari Kukri. The bowie knife features a pointy blade tip that can perform perfectly in survival situations. Each machete has a distinct place of origin that resembles the heritage and culture of that place in many ways.
The full tang blades are highly effective for chopping and also take a lot of beating due to the strong blade. The half tang or various other varieties feature low strength and can form crack or break during the heavy beating.
- The wood machetes are mostly found in Parang type machetes. The type of material gives a decent grip, lightweight and warm feel but is expensive with more maintenance time.
- The molded plastic handle is cheap as compared to the wood one and simple to maintain. However, the color may get distorted with the passage of the time and the plastic can became brittle.
- The textured or rubber handles have a great grip with soft feelings on the hand. It is extremely lightweight but gets damaged due to wear and tear. The price is moderate.
- The stainless steel blade has its own charm but is rarely used for machete handle manufacturing. The type of material is heavy, highly durable and expensive. But it can be seriously slippery.
- The leather handle is very uncommon. It has a very comfortable grip with a decent appearance. But it needs serious maintenance and can be extremely slippery. You need to pay more for a leather handle.
- With a comfortable and decent grip, Micarta is the last one on our list. It is the composite of the canvas, linen, carbon fiber, fiberglass or any other fabric in a thermosetting plastic. The type of handle is very strong and expensive due to its premium quality.
It doesn’t matter what is handle material or shape is, it is important to follow the basic techniques to make sure the best use of the machete while considering safety primarily.
- Nylon sheath serves well and helps to take care of the blade effectively. You will find a nylon sheath with medium quality machetes.
- Cor-ex and Cordura made sheath are of extremely premium quality that aids to extend the life of a blade.
- The sheath also features straps and belt loops with the machete to carry it throughout the day. The sheath also has a D-ring with it that aids to swivel the blade more comfortably when you talk through the forest or sit down for rest.